ACET Guidelines Content
The Test Center Regulations:
1. Students are advised to reach the test centre minimum 30 minutes before the reporting time mentioned in the e-hall ticket.
2. You have to register your name at the registration counter at the centre where your e-hall ticket will be authenticated.
3. It is recommended that you enter the examination hall at least 15 minutes before the start of the test. Please remember that you are not allowed to carry any material, printed or written, bits of papers or even any rough pages, at the test center. You are also not permitted to bring calculators, slide rules, clark tables, electronic watches with facilities of calculators, laptop or palmtop computers, personal stereo systems, walkie-talkie sets, mobile phones, paging devices or any other object/device.
4. Once you begin your test, you will not be allowed to go outside the test hall for the entire duration of the test. If you leave the hall you will not be permitted to return, under any circumstances.
5. Smoking in the test hall is strictly prohibited. Tea, coffee, cold drinks or snacks are also not allowed into the test hall.
6. We do not encourage family members and/or friends of the applicants to wait at the test centre. Please make arrangements to meet them elsewhere at the end of the test.
7. The test hall is monitored using web cameras and closed circuit TV cameras and any disruption / disturbance by an applicant is deemed as misconduct and can have dire consequences.
8. If we find an applicant using unfair means, or impersonating someone else, his or her application will be cancelled and he or she will be liable to be debarred from taking the entrance examination permanently or for a specified period, as decided by the concerned ADYPU authorities.
9. At the end of the test, applicants must sign the attendance sheet in the presence of the invigilator. The invigilator will also put his/her signature in the place provided in the e-hall ticket.
10. The online entrance test is easy and requires a working knowledge of computers and a basic ease of use of the mouse and keyboard. It is conducted in English and we expect our applicants to have a working knowledge of English. The test consists of 100 multiple choice questions (MCQ type). In this, for each given question, the applicant must choose the right, or the closest, answer from among the choices given.
11. In any misconduct or violation of instruction or act causing disturbance to others and examination decorum will lead to expelling the candidate from examination.
12. Sample Question paper will be provided to the candidates who have successfully registered online for the ACET.
13. In case the student wants to change the exam center, they have to inform the admission team via email at least one week before.
Ensure this before the Test begins:
1. Ensure your computer is powered on and the keyboard and mouse are working properly. If you face a problem with the computer, please inform the examination invigilator immediately. Get comfortable with the computer before you begin writing the test.
2. All questions are multiple choice questions and you are required to select the correct answer from the given choices. Only one of the given responses is correct or the most appropriate. You need to click on the button next to the answer.
3. Please use the pages supplied to you at the Test Centre for rough work. No paper/s should be taken to the test hall for this purpose.
After you take the test:
1. The merit list will be displayed on the ADYPU official website after 5 working days from the date of the Entrance Test. The merit list would consist of only roll-numbers so students / test-takers are advised to keep their e-hall tickets safe till the merit list is out, the roll number is the application number of the candidate. Shortlisted candidates must attend the Counseling Session and an Interview 10 days after the merit list is displayed. The exact schedule for the counseling session will be informed separately, based on the performance in the written test. The students have to bring along with them the Statement of Purpose (SOP), certificates of extracurricular activities if any.
2. Please note that the shortlisted candidates for the design courses will have to attend an interview and a studio test 10 days after the merit list is displayed. The exact schedule for the interview and studio test will be informed separately, based on the performance in the written. The students need to carry their portfolio along with statement of Purpose (SOP).