School of Information Technology Banner
School of Information Technology Left sidebar
- BCA Cloud Technology And Information Security(CT & IS)
- B.C.A – Data science
- BCA Mobile Application & Cloud Technology(MA & CT)
- B. Tech Cloud Technology And Information Security(CT & IS)
- B. Tech Mobile Application & Cloud Technology( MA & CT)
- B.Sc. Animation and VFX
- B.Tech - IT (Data Science)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- B Sc – Gaming
- Post-Graduation Diploma (PGD) With Specialization in Cloud Technology (CT) Program Year 2018-19
- Post-Graduation Diploma (PGD) With Specialization in Cyber Security (CS) Program Year 2018-19
- BCA – Internet Of Things (IOT)
- B. Tech – Block Chain (BC)
- MCA – Cloud Technology (CT)
B Sc – Gaming Content
Duration : 3 Year Full Time
Eligibility : Applicants must satisfy one of the following minimum entry criteria: A Pass in 10+2 in Arts, Science & Commerce with a minimum 55% overall aggregate stream from a recognized board followed by an entrance Test and a personal interview.
Why the Program
- India is one of the fastest growing gaming markets in the world, due to various factors such as the easy access to budget smart phones, increased mobile internet usage, increase in usage of tablets, and of course, growing number of gaming apps.
- The Indian Game revenue in the "Video Games" segment amounts to US$794m in 2018expected to show an annual growth rate (CAGR 2019-2022) of 10.3 % resulting in a market volume of US$1,294m in 2022.
- According to the 18th PWC Global Entertainment and Media Outlook 2018-2021, which covers a numbers of major industries (not just games), the total video games revenue in the US is expected to grow at a 6.3% CAGR rate to reach more than $28.5 billion by 2021.The research firm notes that the PC games sector looks a bit rosier than consoles in the next few years in terms of growth. While total PC games revenue in the US is set to grow from $3.7bn in 2016 to $5.0bn in 2021, at a 6.6% CAGR, console will only grow at a 2.8% CAGR, hitting $9.4bn in 2021.
- The market's largest segment is the segment "Mobile Games" with a market volume of US$557m in 2018.
- User penetration is at 18.9 % in 2018 and is expected to hit 27.1 % in 2022.
- The average revenue per user (ARPU) currently amounts to US$7.01.
- The "Download Games" segment is expected to show a revenue growth of 17.5 % in 2018 and the number of users is expected to amount to 7.8m by 2022.
- More than 250 games released for Android, iOS, Web, XBox and PC games
- Global Games Market Report by KPMG shows Indian online gaming industry, currently stands at $290 million and in following years it is excepted to grow to $1 billion by 2021.
- India has more than 250 gaming companies, employing more than 10,000 professionals in various positions
- The Program
- Have a holistic understanding of game genres and design frameworks
- Be able to describe the storytelling techniques required for game ideation
- Be able to apply various game design concepts into a game design project.
- Identify the function of flow theory and decision making in game design.
- Understand the importance of aesthetic principles, game mechanics, balancing.
- Be able to apply and evaluate various approaches to game design which includes prototyping, testing and publishing.
- Be an effective resource in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Be able to communicate effectively with a range of audience choices.
- Analyze a problem, and identify appropriate solutions.
- Be able to adapt gaming designing techniques for upcoming technologies
Student will be able to
- Classify cultural context, literature, film, television, theatre, and interactive arts.
- Create 2D and 3D interactive art
- Narrate interesting plots, subplots and gameplay within a given game framework.
- Develop a rudimentary idea into a structured design.
- Create compelling game content using industry-standard tools and software’s.
- Apply effective methodology for game testing.
- Communicate efficiently with team & Knowledge of contemporary issue
Graduate will have wide range of options to choose their future career opportunities upon completing the degree.
- Production Designer
- Concept Artist
- Character Artist
- BG Artist
- Effects Artist
- 3D Artist
- Level Designer
- Asset Lead
- Technical Artist
- Asset TD
- 3d Generalist
- Software Engineer
- Game Tester
- Video Game Tester
- Video Game Programmer
- Character Modeler
- Sound Designer User Experience Designer
- User Interface Designer
- User Experience Lead
- Marketing Director
- Senior Layout Artist
- Unity 3D Game Developer
- Unity 2D Game Developer
- Storyboard Artist
- Mobile Game Developer
- PC Game Developer
- App Developer
- AI / Game Play Programmer
- Game Architecture
- 2D Artist
- Android Developer
- C# Developer
- Java programmer
- Augmented Reality Developer